What do we talk about in this episode?
Saba and I talk about some challenges many of us face as women in STEM in STEM (or women in any career for that matter).
- Perfectionism and being people pleasers. Why do we feel the need to be liked by everyone?
- Navigating careers. How do you determine what’s next? When do you bring in outside help, such as career coaches?
- How a life changing event can impact where you want your career, and life, to go.
- The importance of innovation and being creative and where does creativity fit into engineering?
- Creating a career bucket list. Failing can actually be helpful. And when do you get out and try something else?
Music used in the podcast: Higher Up, Silverman Sound Studio
“Utilities’ Need for Advanced Telecommunications“. By Saba Khalid, Spencer Hotovec, & John Clancy. Climate and Energy. The Wiley Library. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/gas.22323)
The University Innovation Fellows (UIF) program empowers students around the world to become agents of change in higher education. Fellows create opportunities that help their peers unlock their creative potential and develop the design-centered mindset required to take on complex challenges in today’s world. Students of all majors and academic levels – from first-years to PhDs – who want to shape the future of education are encouraged to apply. (https://dschool.stanford.edu/university-innovation/university-innovation-fellows)